Ordinary National Diploma in the bag :)
The rest of my time at the OND program were stable, albeit not too colorful. I continued to hone my skills in programming so that by the time i was through with the program, I could code in 4 computer programming languages (QBasic, Fortran, COBOL, Visual Basic) fluently.
I also took interest in the local chapter of our departmental association - NACOSS (National Association of Computer Science Students), and we made the trip to Edo state in 2001 for the annual NACOSS convention. It was an interesting experience, and I later served in the same state 5 years later.
Few months later, I completed the OND program with a fair grade. My mum made the trip all the way from Lagos for my convocation. Her colleagues at work then wondered what the fuss was all about for an ordinary OND convocation. In hindsight, she made the right call as that was the only convocation she ever attended with me till she passed.
That taught me a lesson - to cherish even the seemingly small wins with one's kids, as that may be the only opportunity one would have.
Comments
Post a Comment